Exploring Your Health Through Targeted Lab Work
How To Order Your Own Tests
Sometimes you are not able to get specific lab tests covered by insurance. Fortunately, we live in a world where alternatives exist. There are many reputable companies out there where you can order your own lab work. Often, these tests are fairly affordable and many can be submitted to your HSA/FSA for reimbursement.
We use and recommend two different companies:
- Over 30 home health tests. Shipping both ways is included. Results in 2-5 days.
- Save 20% off your order with the coupon code TARA
- Can accept your FSA/HSA debit card for payment.
- You have the option to discuss your results with a member of their nursing team. Just click the “request a call” button on your results page.
Tip: Read the instructions carefully for the best results. Some tests will require fasting or a specific time of day.
- Direct access lab testing at 50-80% off traditional pricing offered through their lab partner, Quest Diagnostics. Available in all states except New York, New Jersey, Maryland and Rhode Island.
- YourLabWork has a huge number of tests available including functional medicine testing.
- How it works:
- Once you have purchased your test, you will receive a lab requisition form from YourLabWork by the end of the next business day. At this point, you may go to the lab for testing.
- You may go to the lab without an appointment. But, for expediency sake, I recommend making an appointment. Explore the draw sites by clicking here.
Note: The links on this page and in the document to YourLabWork and LetsGetChecked are affiliate links. This means that we may earn a commission if/when you click on or make purchases via affiliate links. We partner only with products we believe will provide value to our customers and followers. We appreciate your supporting our mission by using these links and (when available) coupon codes we provide. If you purchase through us and wish to schedule a personalized review session, we will pass this $ onto you and offer you a discount on our services. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your appointment.
Commonly Missed Lab Tests
A 15 year metanalysis done by Harvard demonstrates that approximately 30% of clinical lab testing is inappropriate and many tests that are necessary go unordered. According to Dr. Daniel Amen, a functional medicine doctor I recommend you follow, a good comprehensive blood panel will cover every major system of the body including:
• Inflammation Status
• Glucose Regulation and Metabolism
• Nutrient Status
• Liver and Gallbladder Status
• Kidney Function
• Lipid Status
• Red Blood Cell Function
• Immune Status
• Hormone Regulation
A few of the common tests often missing when you visit a regular doctor include:
• Glucose Balance: HA1C, Insulin, C-Peptide and Fructosamine
• Iron: Copper and Ferritin
• Mineral Assessment: RBC Magnesium, Phosphorous, Zinc and Copper
• Thyroid Function: Free T3, Reverse T3, Thyroid Antibodies
• Vitamins: B12, Folate, Vitamin B1, Homocysteine, Vitamin D
• Inflammation: hsCRP, IL1, IL4, Uric acid, TNF-A
[accessally_course_navigation prev_button='Previous' next_button='Next']